Camping is one great and fun activity that can be done by any group. Be it your friends or your own family. It really helps create bonds, and it also lets you get out of your comfort zone every once in a while as there is only nature around you and no technology like computers, work, or even bosses to call you.
With so many fun camping spots located all over the country, it is not so hard to plan and go through the camping even in just one day. That being said, there are a list of camping do and don’ts that you have to consider each time and this can really help you prepare for things better once the day arrives. If you follow these tips, then camping will be fun, safe, and also eco-friendly.
- Don’t forget your camping gadgets and essentials. This will have to include first aid kits, compass, your food containers, swiss knife, and eating utensils even. This may sound a bit boring to be preparing, but they are essentials, therefore they will have real use in your camping. Hey, even a bug spray or even a mosquito repellant could help you out big time in sticky situations, but you need to always have them around in your backpack or included in your gears.
- Make sure you tell people where you are and leave an itinerary even at home for your folks to refer to. In case of emergencies, at least they will know where to track you and find you.
- Safety, safety, and more safety. Remember, you are in the open grounds and the forest if ever. You can never be too careful about anything from simple wild insects, to as scary as forest fires or even dangerous beasts or even forest dangers like swamps or even bog holes.
- Learn about campground policies and rules so that you don’t do anything stupid and end up being sent home by the keepers or such.
- Lastly, make sure you are eco-friendly. Do not leave trash lying about, and do fix up your messes, especially if you are part of a large group. Remember, the forest is first and foremost for the nature animals, and you must be mindful that this is where they live. Don’t leave anything around that might pose dangers to them like plastics and soda cans. Trash bags should always be part of your entourage in any case.
You can read our cool camping gadgets collection on latest gadgets and more.