Camping with kids is really challenging. You don’t know if they are going to love living outdoors and be with nature for a while. Kids are very adventurous and I’m sure they will find camping so much fun and will want to come back to discover more of nature. Here are some tips to make your children’s stay in the campsite worthwhile.
Plan with your kids where to go
- You can ask your kids and decide for the best campsite among the camping places you have checked. When deciding, don’t forget to consider about their interests, ages and their experience in terms of outdoor.
- Make a list of different activities and choose what’s best.
- Plan on when and what meals to shop. Let the kids eat their favorite foods to make their camping more enjoyable.
- Let them help in the preparation and packing of the outdoor camping equipment and other camping stuff.
Practice outdoor camping on your backyard
- Make your kids learn how to properly set up outdoor camping tents.
- Try cooking outdoors with your kids and teach them how to use some of the camping cooking equipment to make themselves familiar with it.
- Arrange some exciting activities that kids will surely participate in.
- Go ahead and find the constellations in the night sky.
- You can listen to the different sounds during the night and make a guess what makes it.
- Night time will never be complete without a midnight snack.
- Let them familiarize outdoors to remove their worries and not to be afraid.
- Let them know about safety and how to show their respect for nature.
- Guide them about the skills and ethics of outdoors that may help them in their future venture with nature.
- Engage them in the fun camping chores like collecting firewood, fetching some water or do the cooking for easy camping recipes.
- You can have a short trek with them in the woods, go fishing or even an evening walk with the family.
- Bring extra clothes and shoes since you’ll be outdoors that means a lot of dirt and getting wet most of the time.
- Warm clothes such as sweaters or jackets to make them cozy at night time.
- Sunscreen to protect their skin from the harmful UV rays and insect repellent creams or lotion to ward off insects especially mosquitoes.
- Most importantly, first aid kit for minor accidents like small cuts and bruises.
- Raincoats and boots are helpful for sudden rain.
- Remember to bring their toys or board games, because you want them to be busy and prevent them from thinking that camping is lousy and boring. The more they become busier the better.
- Beddings of course, if you don’t want to sleep on stones and sticks so do your children.
Create beautiful and precious memories with your children
- Any type of camera will help create those unforgettable memories with your kids, even if the camera you’re using is just an ordinary one or the most modern. What’s important is you have captured the fun and enjoyable moments with them.
- Another way is to make a video of them and you will have something to watch over and over again.