Summer time or winter tine, whatever the season is, outdoor camping is just around the corner. Everybody got to enjoy it and the nature too. Though a lot of things are put into consider, there are things you should not forget and that is your camping supplies list.
- Tents: It provides shelter from the sun, wind and rain. It also gives you protection from animals who might be roaming the area at night especially when you are asleep.
- Extra stakes: You need these in case if one or more of the stakes broke, you still have extras to replace the broken ones. This could also be used as a weapon to protect one’s self if attacked by a wild animal.
- Axe or hammer: This is useful in making and trimming stakes or for cutting firewood.
- Bungees, cords or extra ropes and straps: These will keep the tent secured and in place.
- Stove with fuel: Of course you need this for cooking food.
- Water filters or purifying pills: These are helpful in keeping your water from impurities and contamination making it safe to drink.
- Water containers: These are where you store the water for drinking and washing.
- Matches and lighters: These are used when making a fire for cooking.
- Charcoal or firewood: These are used for grilling or as a fuel for cooking.
- Pots and frying pans: Two of different sizes will do when making porridge or stew and for frying.
- Cooking utensils: These consist of spatula for frying and ladles for soupy dishes.
- Condiments: These include salt, pepper, condiments as well as oil and other seasonings.
- Plates, bowls, mugs and silver wares: You need these things to place your foods for eating.
- Can and bottle openers: Used for opening bottles and cans.
- Paper towels and tissues: These are for wiping the surface dirt in your table and in your hands.
- Knife and scissors: These are essential supplies for cutting your food and other things.
- Camping sleeping mats or bags: It could be double or single.
- Camping blankets: These give you added heat if the sleeping mats are not enough.
- Air mattress, air pump and repair kit: You can bring this along if you don’t want any stones or sticks pricking your back while you sleep.
- Pillow: This is optional, if you still have a lot of space in your bag and still have the energy to carry more loads then go on with it.
- First aid kit: Never go camping without it for you never know when emergency calls and have a need for it.
- Lantern or flashlight with extra batteries: This will make your surroundings and your tent illuminated during the night providing you more visibility in the darkness.
- Toiletries: Even when you’re away from home it is not an excuse not to have a proper hygiene.
- Compass and whistle: In case you get lost on your way or while trekking, these are helpful tools to find you in no time.
- Cellphones and extra battery: In case a need arises, the need for immediate action is established.
- Fishing gear: If you love fishing do not forget this precious tool since it will also be a way of getting your camp food – fishes.